Admission Guidelines 2017
This academic year starts from the third week of July. The students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent are eligible for admission into the 3-year Degree Course. The admission will be strictly on the basis of the merit list published on-line. Honours subject as well as combination Subjects for General course will be offered at the time of admission as per university (SKBU) guideline regarding CBCS in accordance to availability of seats in the respective subjects. Reservation quotas apply for S.C. / S.T. / O.B.C. (A & B) / P.W.D. Certificate each is submitted to the office, along with the hard copy of the application form.
The student should produce the Originals of all relevant documents personally at the time of admission.
One passport size photograph of each of the candidates who is registered with other than H.S. Council will have to be submitted at the time of admission.
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / OBC (A/B) should tick “Scheduled Castes”, “Scheduled Tribes” or “OBC (A/B)” as the case may be, in the on-line application form. Students claiming to belong to the above categories should submit an attested photo copy of certificate to that effect along with the admission form.
Preparation of Merit List :-
1. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate at H.S. or equivalent Examination only.
2. Merit list of the candidate for taking admission into 3 Year Degree Courses will be on the basis of marks obtained in best four Elective Subjects (including at least one language subject marks, either Bengali or English) at 10+2 level Examination.
3. Marks of Compulsory Environmental Studies or Science will not be taken for the preparation of merit list.
4. Reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B and PH candidates shall be as per existing Government rules.
5. Enlistment of names in the merit list does not offer any guarantee of admission.
6. For wrong information from any corner, his/her candidature will be treated as cancelled without giving further information to the candidate.
1. Counselling-cum-admission will be online. Counselling & verification will be held at college premises.
2. At the time of physical verification the candidates must submit the following :
- Downloaded hard copy of On-line application i.e. admit card/Receipt generated after On-line application.
- The following original testimonials
- H.S. or equivalent Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Certificate or Admit card of M.P. or equivalent Examination
- PC (Physically Challenged) Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- A set of attested copies of all the above documents.
- Two copies of Pass Port size coloured Photo.
NB: Final subject selection will be made during verification at college in accordance to CBCS guideline of University.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Admission In to 3-Yr. Degree Course For the session 2017-18
B.A. (Honours & General)
a) The candidates who have passed 10+2 level examination in 2016, 2017 and 2018 are only eligible for admission into 1st year Degree course for the session 2018-19.
b) Candidates passing H.S. or equivalent Examination from any recognized Board/ Council with five subjects of 100 marks each including at least one language subject (either English or Bengali) are only eligible to apply.
c) Any confusion regarding recognition of Board/ Council will be referred to the S.K.B. University seeking opinion from their end before admission.
d) Candidates, in order to be eligible to apply for admission into BA/B.Sc. Honours course, will have to secure at least 45% marks in aggregate at the 10+2 level, along with the minimum marks in the concerned Honours Subject at the +2 Level as specified below :
a) Students passing 10+2 vocational courses are only eligible to take admission in the degree General Course as per the guidelines of SKB University, Purulia and such cases will not exceed 10% of the total intake capacity of the college.