Admission 2018 Notice and Guidelines
P.O – Jiudaru, Dist – Purulia. College Code- 113
Affiliated to Sidho Kanho Birsha University, Purulia
Email: email@example.com Web: www.kotshilamahavidyalaya.ac.in
Ref. No-430/KOT/M/2017-18 Date-08/06/2018
ADMISSION NOTICE CUM GUIDELINE-2018
As per the instruction of the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal, admission will be made through online procedure only on stand-alone basis where candidate will have the opportunity of registering her name through the admission portal available in our college website (www.kotshilamahavidyalaya.ac.in).
This academic year starts from the third week of July. The students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent are eligible for admission into the 3-year Degree Course. The admission will be strictly on the basis of the merit list published on-line. Honours & Program course will be offered at the time of admission as per university (SKBU) guideline regarding CBCS in accordance to availability of seats in the respective subjects.
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / OBC (A/B) should tick “Scheduled Castes”, “Scheduled Tribes” or “OBC (A/B)” as the case may be, in the on-line application form carefully. Students claiming to belong to the above categories should submit a self attested photo copy of certificate to that effect along with the admission form.
Online Admission Procedure:
- A student is required to fill up the mandatory fields in the registration form and then click the link of the specific payment gateway for making payment of registration fees through debit/credit card/internet banking to submit the stipulated registration fee of Rs. 100/- for Hons only and Rs. 200/-(excluding bank charges) for both Honours and Program (General) courses.
- After the registration process is complete the applicant needs to wait for the provisional merit list.
- Admission procedure will be completed after Counselling & verification of all the testimonials and other documents at the end of publication of the final merit list, which will be conducted in the college campus.
- Admission Fees to be paid at the time of Counselling & verification through online payment only.
- Counselling and Admission Fees related notice will be notified latter on.
- Please check the college website for regular updates.
Online Admission Schedule-2018
Registration for Online admission process will start on and from 11.06.2018. For online registration candidates are directed to visit our website (www.kotshilamahavidyalaya.ac.in)
Beginning of Online Admission
Last date of Online Admission
Publication of first Merit List
1st Counselling and Verification
Publication of second merit list
2nd counselling and verification
Commencement of Classes.
Online Registration fees.
1) For Hons only = 100.00
2) For Program course only = 100.00
3) For Hons and Program course both= 200.0
Preparation of Merit List :-
1. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate at H.S. or equivalent Examination only.
2. Merit list of the candidate for taking admission into 3 Year Degree Courses will be on the basis of marks obtained in best four Elective Subjects (including at least one language subject marks, either Bengali or English) at 10+2 level Examination.
3. Marks of Compulsory Environmental Studies or Science will not be taken for the preparation of merit list.
4. Reservation of seats for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B and PH candidates shall be as per existing Government rules.
5. Enlistment of names in the merit list does not offer any guarantee of admission.
6. For wrong information from any corner, his/her candidature will be treated as cancelled without giving further information to the candidate.
The student should produce the Originals of all relevant documents personally at the time of Counselling & admission.
1. Counselling-cum-admission will be held at College premises & mode of payment is Online only.
2. On-line admission process will be held at College campus on and from 10.30 a.m. on the dates to be notified later.
3. At the time of Admission/Counselling the candidates must submit the following :
- Downloaded hard copy of On-line application Form.
- H.S. or equivalent Mark Sheet and Certificate, Certificate or Admit card of M.P. or equivalent Examination, PC (Physically Challenged) Certificate, Caste Certificate (if applicable), School Leaving Certificate, Aadhar Card.
A set of self attested photo copies of all the above documents.
- Two copies of Pass Port size colour Photo.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:-
B.A. (Honours & Program Course)
a) The candidates who have passed 10+2 level examination in 2015, 2016 and 2017 are only eligible for admission into 1st year Degree course for the session 2017-18.
b) Candidates passing H.S. or equivalent Examination from any recognized Board/ Council with five subjects of 100 marks each including at least one language subject (either English or Bengali) are only eligible to apply.
c) Any confusion regarding recognition of Board/ Council will be referred to the S.K.B. University seeking opinion from their end before admission.
d) Candidates, in order to be eligible to apply for admission into BA/B.Sc. Honours course, will have to secure at least 45% marks in aggregate at the 10+2 level, along with the minimum marks in the concerned Honours Subject at the +2 Level as specified below :
c) Students passing 10+2 vocational courses are only eligible to take admission in the Program Course as per the guidelines of SKB University, Purulia and such cases will not exceed 10% of the total intake capacity of the college.
Ph No: 9749904968/7908514619 (11 am to 5 pm )